About Dr Alexandra Mowat
After her fellowship in obstetrics and gynaecology, Dr Mowat has recently completed a 3 year fellowship Urogynaecology. She has undertaken further training in with colorectal surgeons to better understand and manage pelvic floor problems that involve bowel problems like constipation, obstructed defecation and faecal leakage.
She has extensive training in
- laparoscopic and vaginal surgeries for prolapse, incontinence and fistula
- removal of problematic transvaginal meshes
- diagnosis and management of bladder problems like painful bladder syndrome and recurrent urinary tract infections
- diagnosis and management of bowel dysfunction like constipation, incontinence and obstructed defecation
Dr Mowat is widely published in peer reviewed journals and has a continuing research interest in improving materials and techniques for the surgical management of vaginal prolapse and urinary incontinence.
She enjoys teaching junior medical and nursing staff as well as presenting at conferences and meetings.
- Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital- Urogynaecologist, Obstetrician and Gynaecologist
- University of Queensland- Senior Lecturer
- QE II Hospital: Honorary Surgical Fellow
- UroGynaecological Society of Australasia (UGSA): serving as member on Executive Committee
- International Urogynecological Association (IUGA): member
- International Continence Society (ICS)- serving on Committee for Terminology of Obstetric Trauma